Do you know How do you motivate your child to perform better? We all know that some children don’t like to express themselves. So, do you know How do you motivate your child to perform better? Let me introduce it to everyone below.
1- How do you motivate your child to perform better
- Always encourage and praise the child, let him build confidence. Don’t show special attention and care about his unlikability in front of him, and slowly hint to help him improve his expressive skills.
- Respect children and not expose children’s shortcomings in public. Introverted children have fragile feelings, and protect their self-esteem.
- The child likes to read nursery rhymes and tell stories to let him read them out loud. The loud reading will help him to express the language proficiently and form a language habit of relatively smooth expression.
- Let the children contact their peers. You can also try to contact some courageous little partners. Children love to imitate, and they also do things that they usually don’t dare to do, and slowly get exercise.
- When friends and relatives have a party, when children or guests come to the house, exercise him to contact the guests, let him bring fruits to the guests, perform shows for the guests, etc.
2-Reasons why children don’t like performance
- Everyone has a specific temperament: some are introverted and quiet, some are extroverted and lively. The same goes for children. The child is not talkative on crowded occasions; it may be that the child’s temperament is more introverted.
- Children don’t like to behave since they are young, which shows to a certain extent that they are not confident enough. Usually, children dare not participate in activities at first, which will easily cause them to shrink back when they encounter opportunities, thereby losing opportunities, and then being unable to exercise their abilities, so it is difficult to improve their abilities, which ultimately leads to a negative cycle of children tending to withdraw even more in trouble.
- The child is not so introverted and a little irritable at home. This is because the child cannot fully express himself externally, and receives less attention and satisfaction, so his heart is more sensitive. Therefore, he will be a little grumpy in familiar people and environments.
Children do not like to show that parents can do so
1-To educate the children
Parents are not only a kind of authority, but also the providers of children’s behavior standards. In many cases, parents’ performance becomes a reference for children. Parents must follow their children’s words and deeds, and must not be inconsistent with their words and deeds. Contradictory words and deeds have a worse effect than indulging in children.
In family education, parents often tell their children that they should do this, and they should not do that to regulate their children’s words and deeds. However, the effect of such empty preaching is often negligible. In some aspects of education, preaching has little effect.
2-Parents Must Speak up
Once parents have promised their children, they must fulfill them, and don’t make promises lightly to fulfill the existing difficulties. If you just promise your child something but forget it for various reasons, not only will it be a big blow to your child’s emotions, it will also bring harm to your child’s heart to some extent.
3-Child’s lack of self-confidence
- Unwilling to talk and communicate with people around. Sometimes children become less talked and less talked because they are often criticized and accused. Repeatedly, I no longer love to talk to and communicate with people around me. I feel that talking as little as possible can reduce or even avoid the chance of being talked.
- Excessive dependence: Sometimes children can do things independently, but they don’t want to do it by themselves and want to rely on people around them to do it. Such children are often worried that they are not doing well, and do not believe in themselves. Asking parents for help will definitely be better than themselves. I am used to my parents doing everything for me.
- I often envy other children: sometimes children always look at other children’s things and live a good life; they have beautiful clothes and fun toys; although they have these, they always feel inferior to others and do not like to play with their own. In the minds of such children, there is already psychology of contrast, comparison, and even comparison. When one’s own living environment is not superior to others, a mentality of envy will gradually develop, and the rejection of oneself will likely lead to jealousy if not guided correctly.
Ways to make children confident from childhood
1. Take your child’s request seriously.
When he put forward expectantly on the phone: “Mom, there are some homework problems and won’t be able to do it.” You can’t help him out for a while, tell him the specific time: “Think about it for yourself first, and wait for mom to come home to explain it to you. Okay?” Often neglecting the needs of a child will make him lose confidence because he is not taken seriously.
2. Take your child out on weekends and ask for his opinion.
- But don’t ask “Where do you want to go”, but “Do you want to go to the zoo or the aquarium”. Give him a range of choices and let him make his own choices, which will increase his confidence in himself.
- Don’t laugh at your children when they make mistakes, don’t point them out in public, or emphasize them all the time, and teach them at another time.
- The child asks questions and listens patiently. If you can’t answer, tell him honestly.