A human learns his basic knowledge during his primary education to learn to handwash; We present you a hygiene plan named WASH in School of Pakistan (WinS) Strategy, standards, and roll out Action Plan for Pakistan.
WinS Strategy is for accelerating access to clean, safe, and secure WASH facilities in all over the country and improved individual’s health the province prepares itself.
Pakistan is ready to take further steps to sustain the investment done over the years through ensuring adequate WASH facilities and sustained behaviors.
The essay guides on improving the health indicators around child health, universal coverage, equitable access to health services, and increased nutritional status through WASH in schools.
It articulates long-term aspirations as it has the determination to ensure that the children have a child-friendly school environment.
WinS is derived from the words “WASH in Schools,” and WASH has also derived from Water and Sanitation Hygiene education in schools.
With the handwashing facilities, it improves sanitation facilities and promotes good health. Washing hands in all across Pakistan ensure People’s dignity, safety, and health.
Many children learn some of their most crucial hygiene skills at school, But those adult ones who have not attended the schools in their childhood are not sense for washing their hands.
Our society much needs to improve the facilities and awareness plans for those unaware people and for many the where they are introduced to hygiene practices that may not be promoted or possible in the home.
Teachers can be effective advocates for hygiene, hygiene education, and acting as role models for school children.
Overall, it is essential to balance hygiene education and ensure that environmental health conditions are enabling and acceptable.
Both education and the appropriate conditions are needed for effective head promotion.
More broadly, health should be promoted in all aspects of the school environment and activities.
The straining Package in which the overall objectives are to educate all stakeholders on the issues of Water, Sanitation, and Hygiene (WASH) and thus making them peer Champion of WASH within Pakistan.
The specific objectives of the article are
- Develop an understanding of all of the handwashing and its importance.
- Develop and strengthen the capacity of common people and Organizations, holding all Washing activities plans.
- Develop a time-bound Plan of Action for successively steering washing societies to various levels of WASH-friendliness in the framework of the Three Star Approach.
- Develop an understanding of the LHWs on adolescent girls and their capacity to work with mothers to educate and equip teenage girls.
The Three-Star Approach in Handwashing Activities
The entire article is designed in the Three Star Approach’s strategic framework to achieve a successful ascent of people to three-star status.
The Three-Star Approach is an internationally acclaimed success story and is now considered an integral part of the WinS programs.
The Three-Star Approach for handwashing activities aims to improve effective behavior change programs by ensuring that healthy habits.
The Approach consists of two main stages. The first and most critical stage is for a commit to the three-star concept and begins to carry out necessary changes needed from a no-star school to a One Star School that meets essential minimum standards for a heal hygiene promoting school.
Currently, most of the schools in Pakistan can be described as ‘no-star’ schools as in other developing countries.
They include schools characterized by a lack of water, sanitation, and hygiene facilities.
Moving to a One Star level does not involve substantial financial investments.
However, the move is a ‘big step’ as ‘it consists of changing the way WASH in Schools programming is perceived by schools, communities, and decision-makers in government and support agencies.
Indicators Related to Handwashing Activity
A cadre of WASH Clubs is in place, trained, motivated, and empowered. Head Teachers, teachers, WASH Clubs, and others have received training. SH&NS and LHWs are involved in Wins promotion and have received training for this purpose.
Sr.No Criteria Key indicators
- Availability Option One: (a) Two washbasins for washing hands, after using Latrines, and (b) 6 water taps for group handwashing, attached to latrine block.
- Option Two: (a) Two washbasins for washing hands, after using restrooms, and (b) A separate group handwashing station with ten water taps, soap dishes, and soap hangers. (Preferred Option)
- Accessibility Group handwashing station is located within 30 ft. of the academic block. Water taps are installed at the height of 33″. A 6″ high wooden step is provided for the early child.
- Quality Group handwashing station provides children with an opportunity to learn steps of handwashing with soap in supervised groups.
- Acceptability Group Hand Washing Station is designed for comfort and safety. The design minimizes the splashing of water over clothes. All edges are rounded to avoid the accidental injuring of hands. Wastewater is disposed of in an environmentally safe manner.
- The handwashing station is placed in a raised platform with a fiberglass canopy, finished in pleasing patterns.
5. Safety Structure Should be Earthquake resistance. And plinth level should be kept above the flood level watermarks in the flood areas also and suitably design retaining walls should be constructed.
Stay Healthy A